Thursday, March 14, 2024

Blog post 1: TOP 5 Sources of News and Information

    

TOP 5 Sources of News and Information

Since taking my AP Government and Politics class in high school, I have become more conscious of the things happening around me. This class showed me the power of understanding current events and why I should care about them. These are some sources I use to help me stay updated with the news. 


    Social media is something that most of us use every day to stay connected to our friends. Why not use it to connect to the news? From news about your artists to politics, Instagram has it all. You can access many different points of view on the same app. Only some of the news on Instagram is true, so do your own research into important topics. 

    CNN is a national news source. I started watching CNN in school and I continue to use it to this day. They are not just a website but also have TV and streaming access. With all the ways to connect with CNN, it is easy to be updated. 

    In a world where it is hard to tell what is fact or fiction this website helps eliminate the bias of current events. They have a staff that fact-checks statements made by news sources and politicians. 

    News 1 is my local town news. On top of learning about the weather for the week, they cover events in the area and local elections. Though I don’t spend as much time in my hometown of Lumberton, I still like to see what has happened since I left. 
    Apple News is a news aggregator app run by Apple. This app is automatically available on all Apple devices, meaning many people have access to the app. This is not a news source but more of a collection of stories. By using this app I see many diverse stories in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post #12 - Final post Relationship With Tech

Technology runs our lives. Whether we want to admit it or not we are glued to our phones and computers. Whether it is my choice or forced be...